Subject: RE: [Leica] Still going-PAD report
From: "Khoffberg" <khoffberg@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 20:30:57 -0800

Jim and others.

I'm still at it.  As I reported in another post, I headed off to NY last
Thursday and gave my M6 and 35 2.0 ASPH a nasty whack which jammed the
focusing ring and pranged the range finder but good.  Ouch.  Fortunately I
have my 28mm elmarit with me and the shutter seems to work fine.  I have a
tripod as well so I'm just shooting everything at f11 and using the DOF
scale for focusing.  I must say my commitment to the PAD project is one of
the things that's kept me going with my wounded Leica.

When in NYC I like to load up with E100S and shoot at night.  F/11 at 6 to
12 seconds (doesn't make much difference).  Lots of fun stuff.  They're
slinging up Prometheus tonight (the big statue at Rockefeller Center) in
preparation for moving him.  Got a couple of shots of that as well as some
nifty light patters over at the CBS building.

My artist friend has raised yet a new issue with me - that of formalism vs
narrative.  Are your pictures primarily about form or about the content
(meaning, story, etc.)  Interesting question.

Cheers
Kevin Hoffberg