Subject: [Leica] battery life with new cameras
From: "Gary and Dawn Klein" <gdklein@bytehead.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 09:47:17 -0600

I have found through many brands, through many different camera types, that
the first set of batteries always seem to never last as long as subsequent
batteries.  I think that has alot to do with the mechanical linkages getting
smoother from use.  Maybe a bit of patience is in order with that R8.  Do
complain of course if it isn't working right, but don't discount it as a
good machine.  That is like saying the 1982 corvette was better than the
1984 model. Those who know people who have owned both have heard nearly the
same thread we are hearing today in the R7 vs R8 camps.  Changes almost
always mean some problems.

gck