Subject: Re: [Leica] standardize
From: "Joe Stephenson" <joeleica@email.msn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 17:56:09 -0700

Dear Mark,
I hope you don't mind if I answer your question. I standardized on certain
films and developers and process so that I can be more creative with the
photo. If I have process control, I can normally look at a scene and have an
idea how it will look in a finsihed print. To me, this approach increases
the chances of a good end product and fewer unpleasant surprises in the
darkroom.
Sincerely,
Joe Stephenson
Mark wrote:
Dr. Hubert and Mr. Erwin,
I used to always hear "standardize" from people who always used the same
400 film for everything. I didn't agree with that approach to great
artistic or commercial photography. I wouldn't think youse would either.
So what would "standardize" mean to you? If this is a key to great work
anyone would be extremely interested.
Sin/cerely,
Mark Rabiner