Subject: Re: [Leica] Doisneau pictures
From: Mikiro Mori <arbos@iname.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:37:01 +0100

Hi, Hubert.

I apologise for having been partly responsible for the nonsense you are fed
up with.  My wife gave me a "Doisneau" picture book as a Christmas present,
and I looked, looked, and looked over the book for a week.  I had not seen
his pictures for several years and found very fresh to my eyes.  On New
Year's Eve I walked around the town of Strasbourg with my M6 and this time
my favourite but seldom used Rolleicord.  I took four roles of Tri-X and
after seeing the contact sheets confirmed that Doisneau is great.  It was a
ridiculous idea to easily emulate Doisneau eyes.  They are "human" in the
first place and beyond all his admirable "techniques".

Thank you for your post.

Regards,

Mikiro Mori
Strasbourg, Alsace