Subject: Re: [Leica] Back to the drawing----
From: Ben Ho ^_^ <longjohn@netvigator.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 12:37:02 +0800

Hello Alastair,

Feel really sorry for your bad luck!

I have a similiar experience when I first got my new R8.  It went on strike
within the 1st week.  (Kind of dumb, it took me quite a while to realize it was
indeed dead.  I thought I must have made some wrong setting...)  Took it back
to Leica to fix and it has been working nicely from then on.

I love the handling of R8, but after my first experience and hearing bad luck
from other luggers here, I have developed a habit of taking my small R4 with me
just in case.

Using a R8 to me is like marrying a very much more beautiful wife than I
deserve.  Love it but with much insecurity.  As time goes by, hope this "fear"
will go away.

Regards.  ^_^