Subject: Re: [Leica] LEICA - M DRIVE
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 1999 03:46:40 -0700

Ted Grant wrote:

> Mark Rabiner wrote:
>
> >I love mine, have had it for years, no problem and I see no room for
> >improvement.>>>>>>
>
> gee Mark,
>
> Did you get a silencer with yours? I've never had one (that was three and
> sold) that didn't scare the hell out of me that it was shredding the inside
> of the camera and or you could hear it a mile away.
>
> Totally eliminated the unobtrusiveness of the M camera's near silent click!
snip
> If ever the phrase "Run Silent, Run Deep!" had any meaning it sure didn't
> apply to the M camera with the winder driving it.
> ted
>
> Ted Grant
> This is Our Work. The Legacy of Sir William Osler.
> http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant

As an x local hotshot fashion photographer of a recent previous error I
can say that models freak out if they cannot hear that sexy 90's andy
worhol sound of the moterdrive going off so they can go onto their next
pose/emotion. If you had an assistant they could use a clicker like on
Normandy Beech.
But a Clavichord recital, maybe not!
Mark