Subject: Re: [Leica] problems with picture
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 08 Jan 1999 18:18:39 -0700

Peter Goldberg wrote:

> Harold Gess wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > Please, if you have a moment,  look at the picture at the address below.
> >
> > I took it the other day with M6 Summicron 50mm but can't understand the
> > orange cast down the left hand side. I thought at first it might be
> > shutter-bounce, but the exposure seems the same, just an orange cast. Any
> > suggestions appreciated. No flash was used for the picture.
> >
> > http://server1.hypermart.net/gess/baby.JPG
Was it also in the neg? That's a lot of of axis light coming at us from
top right but still... its a Summicron and not a Summilux. If it is also
in the neg I would shoot a short roll with bright lights coming at you
off axis like that and see if you can duplicate it again. If not it is
freak thing with the lens or processing or film that won't happen again
or often. That looks like a lot of light bouncing off your lens shade
assuming you were wearing one, if not you should have, if yes, take it off!
Mark Rabiner