Subject: [Leica] M6 eye piece replacement.
From: tedgrant@islandnet.com (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 08:04:39 -0800

Adrian Bradshaw wrote:

>Same thing happened to me back in '85 in Beijing. Took 2 months to get a
>replacement shipped up from Hong Kong (and it was eagerly awaited, I can
>tell you!). FWIW I was later told (by Leica UK) that though it just
>screws in a 'special tool' is needed to get the tightness just right
>without damaging the thread/undertightening.>>>>>>>

Hi Adrian,

It's the same thing I have been told here in Canada. It isn't that you
can't screw it in yourself, it requires a "special tool" for precisly
tightening it without "screwing it up!"

Time frame for repair?

It depends on if they have one in stock! I expect to hear this morning the
prognosis and return time. Man I sure hope it isn't two months!!
ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant