Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica PAD
From: Jeff Segawa <jsegawa@jademountain.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 18:31:18 -0700

I'm already missing a few days, but I like this PAD idea! Since I've
purchased it, I think my M6 has sat about for no more than a few days, and
only because I was feverish--the result of hiking during a heat wave, the
day after returning from overseas travel.

I've been spending a good deal of time trying to capture two images:

The first is the nearby Flatiron mountains, as they occasionally appear on
very cold, clear, still mornings, following a night of snow. When
conditions are just right, a very warm golden light illuminates them, and
the clouds which rise off the sheer granite faces. Spectacular, but
elusive! I've taken many 30 minute walks out there in faint predawn light,
loaded down with gear, in hopes of capturing the moment. I haven't captured
"the" image yet, but there's always something new to do out there. Never
lay your warmish cameras down in the snow! Some snow melted upon contact
with my Pentax spotmeter, then promptly refroze, freezing the battery and
seizing up the battery compartment cover. Yuck, what a mess! Fortunately,
no permanent harm done.

The next image is that of my "morning dose of LUG"! Steaming cup of tea and
IBM Thinkpad on the dining table, casting long shadows in the winter
sunlight. But to make things easier, I think I ought to replace my Zone III
IBM notebook with a Zone V Sony :-)

Jeff Segawa
See my photography online at
http://www.netone.com/~segawa