Subject: Re: [Leica] Zorki questions
From: Don McClure <mcclure1@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 16:53:48 -0500

>A friend of mine wants to use her mother's Zorki 4 with Industar 50mm lens,
>but she has no instructions and needs a bit of help.
>
>I went over it with her and sorted most of it out, but I am not familiar
>with Leica thread mount cameras and their like, so a couple of things baffle
>me -
>
>The take-up spool seems to be missing - is it a special Zorki job or will an
>old Leica one do?
>How does one engage the slow speeds?
>Is there a good website for old Zorki stuff (I couln't find one)?
>
>Thanks for any help
>All the best
>Alex

I have a Zorki 4 in front of me right now, a '71 model, according to the
first 2 digits of the serial number. The take-up spool from a Leica IIIf
works just fine in mine. The slow speeds should engage when you set the
shutter knob, like other cameras. I can hear the escapement whir when I
engage speeds lower then 1/60. An interesting camera. Mine works well,
but I have to be careful to load it properly so that the film is centered
on the focal plane, or the top milimeter or so will go unexposed.

Don McClure
Abingdon, MD