Subject: [Leica] Wrist Straps, DOF, subject line
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 1998 10:52:54 -0800

At 09:10 AM 12/6/98 -0600, you wrote:

>As for topic,
>HOW LONG CAN YOU TALK ABOUT WRIST STRAPS?
>
>Walt

Well... If you check, the "WRIST STRAP" topic, still labeled "WRIST STRAP",
has morphed into RF alignment and DOF!

I started DELeting "WRIST STRAP" days ago as I think it is nuts on a camera
the size of an M camera. This morning, I wondered how on earth could
someone STILL be talking about WRIST STRAPS, so I looked at one of the
messages, and it's totally about checking M6 DOF via engineering paper and
how to adjust same. This is WRIST STRAPS???

By the way, DOF extends farther behind the point of focus than in front.
The rule of thumb is 1/3 forward, 2/3 back, from the exact point of focus.
This is not an exact ratio, but when photographing it's very very close.
Consult the scales on your lens to see this.

Jim