Subject: Re: [Leica] New Apo-Asph-M 90/2 Summicron
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 08:17:22 -0800

HFHUBER wrote:

> IMO is the SF20 overprized, because the equivalent Metz flash 34AF3 is "only" DM
> 279,00 (Leica´s SF20 is produced by Metz)

Does the 34AF3 have SCA3000 compatibility?  I spoke with Bogen/Metz rep
in US two days ago and he suggested that only the 40 and 30 series would
give TTL.  He said Metz would be offering a similar strobe by twice the
power and half the price, but only after a 6 month non-competition
period.  The 40 and 30 series weight more than the camera!  The little
one with an off camera cord could be quite nice.

But with Leica gear visualization is a valuable skill--we have to learn
to visualize what something might be like if it ever gets finished and
delivered.  Maybe we on the LUG could chip in and get Leica a german
language project management software that might help them offer M6TTL
and SF20 on the same date.  Is that a concept or what?

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego