Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Apo 70-180/2.8 (was: Archive search engine)
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 07:51:22 -0600

>  As we discussed I want to be very selective in the lenses
>that I choose for the R8.  I am leaning towards the 19,35,100.  If I purchased
>the 70-180 it would probably stay in the bag  because of it's heft.  If Leica
>had an "R" autofocus camera I would replace my F5 in a heartbeat.  I doubt
>that I'll see it in my lifetime?

Those are good choices. And I would suggest the Summilux 35, though it is
quite heavy, it's not that bad. But try it first. The 100 Apo Macro? Who
can argue with that? :-)

I suspect the AF Leica will be with us before not too long. Leica just went
public two years ago, so give them some time and we shall see.
- --

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot