Subject: [Leica] Re: Kodachrome Labs... NOT
From: nbwatson@juno.com (N. B. Watson)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 19:23:33 EST

I was unaware that the New Lab no longer processed Kodachrome.  They used
to do Galen Rowell's work and that's how I found out about them...but now
that I think of it, he gave up Kodachrome right after Velvia came about
and so did I (for professional assignments).  I also did not know that
Holland subcontracts their Kodachrome.  I've never used them for
processing but I have their price schedule and I can't find where it
mentions they don't do K14 in-house.  Ah well, the PK mailers still work.
 What little Kodachrome I shoot I've always sent to the Kodak lab in
Fairlawn, NJ via UPS or FedEx and request that they return it likewise,
which is what I do with E6 as well.  I've never had a problem with them
although I know of many who have horror stories.  I travel about so much
that there's no such thing as a "local lab" for me.

Regards,
Nigel

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 14:05:18 -0800 Jim Brick <jimbrick@photoaccess.com>
writes:
>Holland Photo sends their Kodachrome to Kodak, The New Lab closed
>their
>Kodachrome lab years ago. Only A&I have a K-Lab processor and do their
>own
>Kodachrome.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]