Subject: Re: [Leica] Cameras in the drink!
From: "Robert E. Welsh" <rwelsh@craftech.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:51:16 -0500

Believe it or not - but I have salvaged a camera (not leica) and an electronic
watch by rinsing in Vodga. The watch  liquid crystal and timing actually
started working while still submerged. Vodga is multi distilled water and
alcohol, as pure a solvent as you'll ever find. It is so pure it is
non-conductive, and several submersions in new fresh solutions should clear out
all salts and prevent damage. It should dry faster also. The camera would need
lubrication then as the alcohol would remove all oils.     Bob