Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Noctilux
From: dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it (Daniele Coliva)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 16:52:26 GMT

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:16:04 -700, you wrote:

>Boy, is my wife getting ticked at you people! As a result of posts
>like these along with Ted's unabashed love for this lens, I'm now
>lusting, big time.

My wife isn't even aware of Leica equipment (to say nothing of the
costs), though she enjoys the pictures I take.

But her attitude is nothing compared to what happened once at my
dealer's here in Bologna (I'll convert prices in $). A friend of mine
witnessed the episode. A nice lady entered in order to buy a present
for her husband, whom she knew as a Leica enthusiast.
She had heard him saying that he wanted an M6 titanium, which missed
from his equipment. So she said she was this gentleman's wife and
asked for it, and the dealer said "Sure, we know your husband, he's a
very good customer of ours. No problem, here's the titanium M6". So he
made a parcel of it, and asked for the due price: about $3,200.

The lady almost fainted, but recovered quickly, just to start insuling
her (absent) man, and promising to having him pay for it. Then, to
justify her reaction, she said that her husband had told her that
these cameras costed no more than $ 300 (threehundred) each!

I dare not imagine how many M's and lenses that (poor) man has had to
say goodbye to in order to pay his way out back to family peace!

Daniele Coliva
Bologna, Italia
dcoliva@jura.dsnet.it