Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Leica] Kodachrome]
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 11:01:21 +0100

On 15-11-1998 20:53 Nathan Wajsman wrote:

>How is the processing
>here in Belgium? I am thinking of turnaround time, and also whether they
>still
>use the cardboard mounts (which I hate).

Last time I used Kodachromes was in 1994. At that time I had to send the
film to Kodak Belgium, who transmitted it to Switzerland (the only
European developing center at that time). I got it back about two weeks
later by mail. The slides were in plastic mounts however, which is an
improvement.
I do not know when they will introduce these Kodachrome minilabs in
Belgium too, but from what I heard in Germany, the final quality of the
slides would not be that consistent as when they are sent to the European
center in Switzerland.

Pascal

See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/