Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Minilux (WAS: Leica bashing)
From: WOCCCC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 17:52:29 EST

In a message dated 11/15/98 11:59:33 AM Eastern Standard Time, budcook@ibm.net
writes:
<< IMHO, there is only ONE way to test a lens and that's to use Kodachrome 25
and
>> project the slides with a Prodovit.

So, if you don't shoot K25 on a regular basis it really doesn't matter what
brand lens you use :->

>> If the GR-1 can stand comparison in a tray of M and R Kodachromes then I'll
>> truly believe in the Tooth Fairy:-) >>

Perhaps I lost the thread but I thought it had to do with the Minilux and the
GR1.  Would the Minilux hold up in that same test?  IMHO, no.  Having owned
and used the Minilux, Contax T2, Nikon 35Ti, and Ricoh GR1, I found the
Minilux the least desirable.  Red dot aside, I did not like the controls, the
viewfinder, and the lack in information in the viewfinder.  Contax was fine
except for the flash control - or lack thereof.  The Nikon fits my needs and
likes just fine, except maybe for size which the GR1 takes care of just fine.
Does it replace the M6 or my Nikon system?  No, but it is something that is
always with me producing excellent images.
  BTW, I'm sure there are many folks that like the Minilux or the T2, just
stating my likes and dislikes.  I'm of the opinion that one should get the
camera that does the job best for them, no matter what brand.