Subject: Re: [Leica] which wide ange lens?
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 09:38:06 -0800

Nathan Wajsman wrote:
> > I think the 24 might be my logical choice next in line. Got a few questions:
> > can one get by buying this lens without the external finder?
>
> You will not regret it! As for the finder, some people advise not buying it and
> just using the entire viewfinder of the M6 to compose. Since I wear glasses,
> that is not an option for me.

Here's a question:

With the new M6TTL, how do you have a flash on camera and a viewfinder
on camera at the same time?

I'm sure Leica's answer will be: We don't recommend it (as with filters
on the 19R).

But this is a reality.  Maybe a couple velcro spots on camera top and VF
top to use VF upside down (those used to viewcamera will be very
comfortable with this, seeing things upside down and backwards. :))

If you use a flash bracket screwed into bottom, you have to remove it to
change film.  Been there, bumbled through that.

I heard yesterday that the Nikon SC-17 cord has same pattern as the
Leica (but voltages differ with the strobes so Nikon strobes won't work
on Leica).  So it is perfect for off camera use.  Maybe can even use the
SB24 on auto mode.

donal
- --
Donal Philby