Subject: RE: [Leica] Is the Leica an endangered species?
From: Jim Laurel <jplaurel@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 10:55:54 -0700

Sorry, B.D., I've got to take issue with this.  I've shot features with the
Kodak DCS460 (billed as the highest resolution digital camera in
production).  The quality was nowhere near 35mm, particularly when it comes
to very contrasty scenes.  Reciprocity failure was a constant problem for
exposures over 1/4 second or so.  It's not just price...there are some
significant technology issues to overcome.  And there is significant
degradation when you use these digital backs at high ISO ratings as well.
Digital still has a long way to go to overtake 35mm.

- --Jim Laurel