Subject: Re: Which Metz for M?
From: Nick Hunter <nhunter1@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 23:31:52 -0500 (EST)

>I've used the 283 for years, but am tired of its unreliability (in my
>experience).... I think Metz is the right
>direction to go... I'm open to other options.

>Bill Barrett

Metz are first class, but if you're looking for an inexpensive alternative
which is similar to the 283, you might look at Sunpak. Unlike Vivitar,
which is just a label, Sunpak make their own units, and those of many
camera mfg's (even latest Hasselblad). For an inexpensive flash, the
quality is good.

Sunpak's model 383, obviously made to resemble the 283, is around $90.--

Nick Hunter

P.S. Of course the German flash has ASPH quality light ;)
oh, no here I go again....