To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Film preferences
From: Steven Alexander <AlexPix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 1996 09:19:34 -0400

George R. Zachar wrote:

> Eric Welch wrote:
>  I've seen 8-foot tall pictures taken with a 40s vintage Leica
> >that are amazing. (Using some developer that sounds like "Perutz" with an
> >aerial film of some sort - all old stuff I can't remember well.)
> ++++++++++++++++++++++
> Possibly Adox (now Efke) film?  Perutz was a developer-of-choice of the era.
> Marc
> +++++++++++++++++++++++
> Can experienced folks post their favorite film type by purpose?
>
> This is a part of the imaging equation I've always been, uh,
> blurry about.
>
> In particular, I'm curious about the speed/grain trade-off.
>
> This should be interesting...
>
> George R. Zachar
This is my first post withthis group. Tripod mated with Ilford Delta 100
processed in IlfotecHC 1+31 will deleiver great 36 inch by xx prints. In
the old days Kodak PlusX or Agfa EI25 did great job. Kodak TMax 100
comes close but the Ilford seems less picky about temperatures and
agitation.
Happy snaps,
Steven