To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: collapsible 90mm
From: Steve Kobrin <kobrin2@xman.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 17:28:38 -0400 (EDT)

I would like to pick up a 90mm lens for my M3 and like the idea of a
collapsible lens ( I have a collapsible 50mm Summicron).  Is there any
reason to be concerned about a collapsible 90mm in terms of durability over
time?  Is the image quality as good as the fixed 90mm?  Any idea whether
there is a premium for the collapsible?? Is it worth it?

Given some of the recent discussion, I would add that I have recently "come
back" to Leica after 20 years of using various Nikon SLR cameras.  While I
really cannot say whether the images are technically sharper or whatever, I
do know that I like using the Lieca a lot more and I like the pictures I
take a lot better.  I do wish that prices were not as high as they are, but
at the end of the day it is worth it to me.

Any help on the 90mm question would be appreciated.

Steve