To: Leica-users <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>
Subject: Darkroom advice sought
From: Thomas Pindelski <ThomasP@POSTOFFICE.nacm.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 96 10:58:00 PDT
Encoding: 16 TEXT

I used to do my own B&W printing years ago and am thinking of getting back
into the genre; that was in the days of liquid-filled trays and slow
processing times.

Can anyone give me a run down on what is the optimal technology for today
(do those sheet fed processors produce good quality?) and what's a good
enlarger.  The Leitz Focomat looks appealing, but seems way expensive.

I might consider printing from color slides on color paper too, though my
first interest is B&W. Straight prints rather than electronic manipulation
are my primary goal.

Thank you in advance.

ThomasP@nacm.com