To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: Leica-Users List Digest V1 #123
From: Willem-Jan Markerink <w.j.markerink@a1.NL>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 10:49:15 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <wjmarkerink@mail.a1.nl>

On 11 Jul 96 at 16:59, Eric Welch wrote:

> At 07:20 PM 7/11/96 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Novoflex makes an (non-optics) adaptor to mount Leica SLR lenses on
> >EOS bodies....sort of getting the best of both worlds, and with the
> >Nikon->EOS adaptor, that includes the world of circular fisheyes....;-))
> >*If* an body is only holding film and exposing, it better be one that
> >takes as much fine lenses as possible....
>
> There are compromises with that adapter, as with the Zorkendorfer adapter
> too. You don't get auto aperture, and you lose most of the exposure modes

Huh? You only loose Tv (shutter priority) and Program. Av (aperture
priority) and Manual, by far the most important, still work. I am
happily using a manual Russian fisheye on my EOS....it's all the
same.

> and TTL flash functions. But it is a good way to use some lenses you need

You don't loose TTL itself. Only the preflash 'exposure guessing'
features. Those are convenient, but not neccessary.

> occasionally with the EOS. Though the 400 6.8 would be ideal for this
> application, since it's only shot with aperture priority of manual modes
> anyway, and mostly wide open.

Even closed down fisheyes are easy to operate....;-))

--
Bye,

     _/  _/ illem    _/     _/ an    _/  _/  _/ arkerink
                     _/_/_/

The difference
between men and boys
is the price of their toys