To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (leica-users)
Subject: Re: film choice: durability
From: ohtonen.2@swsgen01es.ntc.nokia.com (Ohtonen Pasi)
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 1996 01:10:14 +0300

Jack Hamilton <jackham@execpc.com> wrote:
<snips here and there>
>    For the most part, I'm still a Kodachrome user...
>
> processing. For those of us that live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin...it's out
one
> day...and
> back the next...even though the current Kodalux lab that handles it is in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Personally, I wouldn't care if it took a day or two more. I shoot for the
> "stock photo"

Here in Finland, a roll of Kodachrome 25 costs $17,5 (includes processing)
and roll of new Elite II 100 $6,2 without processing (processing costs
around
$3..$4).
Processing Kodachrome takes three weeks, because it is done - for
some reason - in Switzerland. You can get Elite II processed in one hour,
if you want. Guess which one I prefer...

 -Pasi Ohtonen