To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica Users Group
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 07:14:15 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Leica Users Group,

This is a snipped version of Dick Hemmingway's recent posting.  Dick, thanks!

> This should give us all pause as to what is happening to this group.

> If we leave an impression that makes any of us feel that he or she
> must be defensive about the ownership or use of their equipment, I think
> that it is an indication we are not carrying out the prime purpose of
> this group. I don't exclude myself from this.

Nor do I.

> I think we all need to take a deep breath and start over on a more
> positive note.

Group,

Dick's right.  Let's stop it right now.

We're not talking about Harley-Davidson vs. Honda's or Corvettes vs.
Porsches.  We're all bound by a real thin thread - discussing ONE brand of
cameras, faceless over the Internet - but there's clearly two sides at
each others throats.  Jeez, I'd be embarrassed to see what would happen
if we were all thrown into one room and no referee!

We're all in this together to solve our problems, not make them worse.

Stop it.

It time to get back to discussing how we can better use these things
we bought - for WHATEVER reason - and talk about shooting pictures.

Marc James Small reminded me a few weeks back to watch my language.
Well, just one more time - for old times sake.....

I'm tired of all the bullshit.  Let's get back to business.  Recess is
over.

Regards,

Tom Hodge