To: LEICA-USERS@MEJAC.PALO-ALTO.CA.US
Subject: R6 and R7
From: Sweendog <sweenma@WKUVX1.WKU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:25:58 CST

Joe B. writes:
>It's the results that I'm using the equipment for (mainly!). Thus, as
>someone who changed from Nikon to Leica, I have no problem at all
>with the R6 and R7 bodies.

I currently use an old M3 and an F4E and an FM2n. Is the switch to
Leica R worth the hassle and are the lenses the same as M glass? Folks
I've talked to said they didn't like the R glass for some reason,
which was a while ago. Maybe they weren't using it right or something.
I have one other question, how are the older R bodies, such as the
R4s and R5? Does anybody still use these older bodies or have they all
switched to the R7? I've seen in Shutterbug (thanks for the tip about
finding used M6's) R4s sell for about $500 which seems pretty
reasonable to me.

Regards,

                          Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
     Mike Sweeney         I took the one less traveled by,
sweenma@wkuvx1.wku.edu    And that has made all the difference.
                                                 - Robert Frost

Replies: Reply from Eric Welch <ewelch@gp.magick.net> (Re: R6 and R7)
Reply from "joe b." <joe@azurite.demon.co.uk> (Re: R6 and R7)