To: leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Re: M series features
From: Tom Hodge <thodge@charweb.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 1996 22:51:24 -0500 (EST)

Dear L.U.G.

1)  Do any of the M series (i.e. bayonet lens mount) bodies allow for
intentional double exposures?

2)  Were there any screw thread bodies that allowed this function?

3) Any suggestions on how to perform some and keep pretty accurate
registration between exposures using a CL body?

4)  Leica dealers are kinda in short supply down here in Charlotte (North
Carolina) area.  Any suggestions where to purchase accessories such as
lens hoods (ex:  rubber screw-in for the 40mm f/2.0 Summicron-C for the
CL) mail-order?  Shutterbug is a sea of information but I'm drowning!)

5) My most recent roll of Ektachrome had some film sprocket holes ripped,
so says the E6 processor I use.  Therefore, he was unable to mount them in
conventional cardboard mounts.  This hasn't happened with the CL before
and I don't reacll feeling any extra resistance when advancing the film.  A
subsequent roll of C-41 was fine.  Any comments, anyone?

6) New battery and all; clean contacts, it appears the light meter in the
tiny CL has finally died!  (R.I.P?)  Suggestions here?  I use a Sekonic
L-438 Multi-Spot meter when things aren't shoot-on-the-run but I'll miss
the convenience.  Anyone know who repairs these meters best?  This might
involve the oft-discussed replacement battery voltage of a (Duracell) PX
625 (1.35 volt) vs. a PX 625A (1.5 volt alkaline).

7)  Again, looking for a 28mm f/2.8 Rokkor-C for the CLE series without
taking out a second mortgage.  Anyone see one lying around collecting dust?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Best Regards,

Tom Hodge

Replied: 15 Feb 96 21:30