Subject: [Leica] Faux Leica
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2024 21:37:36 +0000

I see the latest replacement for my faux Leica - the Fuji X100VI - has
finally surfaced and is available in the camera shops here in Ireland.
However, the road to getting my hot little hands on it seems a lot more
uneven than expected. Like its predecessor - the V - it is hugely
popular, initial stock sold out in Dublin yesterday, and there's a queue
for the next batch. So, I have to put down a deposit and get in line
until the new stock comes in.

I have had my X100S for 11 years, so, at this stage, it's probably time
for a change, but the thing still takes quite good pictures, and, at my
stage in life, the urge to buy the new, just because it's new, has
faded. However, then again, I?m now a grandfather and I'm getting fed up
using my iPhone for videos of the child's progression. I have my Sony
A7ll, but it's bulkier and not so whippable out for those evanescent
opportunities. Hence, I think the more pocketable Fuji with better video
might be the solution. Unfortunately, I'm getting slower, and the little
rascal is getting faster, so a dilemma...

Anybody else considering this camera?
Douglas

Replies: Reply from dankhong at gmail.com (Dan Khong) ([Leica] Faux Leica)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Faux Leica)