Subject: [Leica] IMG: Liège
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 06:24:54 +0100

Last week I spent 3 days in the Belgian city of Li?ge, about 1 hour by train
from Brussels. It was very much a work trip, with evening activities as
well. This, coupled with bad weather much of the time, means that my usual
city gallery is quite short (and relatively devoid of people, since the
weather was not conducive to strolling around). Still, I did get out to see
a bit. The train station, designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava,
is particularly impressive, and the waterfront along the river Meuse is
quite nice:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Travel/Li%C3%A8ge-Feb-2024

In addition, one afternoon, a colleague and I went to see an exhibition at
La Boverie, a contemporary art museum located in a park of the same name.
The exhibition was of works by American video artist Bill Viola. Although
video is not always my cup of tea, Viola?s installations are on a completely
different level from what I have seen before. It is difficult to convey
their scale and impact with still photos, but I have nevertheless added some
to my new ?art in Brussels? gallery. Scroll down to the photo of La Boverie:

https://www.greatpix.eu/Art-in-Brussels-2024/i-GhN7ZkD/A

And then click on the arrow on the right of the image to see the remaining
photos.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman