Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 05:00:00 -0500

Greetings to all.  This week begins with some sage advice:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/L7.jpg.html

Snuffling around in the rear of a now closed establishment I found this bit
of art:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Gussy+Cat.jpg.html

On the wall of a closed jewelry store we find this memorial:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Gillis+Rags.jpg.html

On the site of a former automotive restoration firm(specialized in 40's and
50's) is a new food service establishment.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Foxtrot.jpg.html

I stuck my lens over a privacy fence of a closed restaurant and found this
aging sign:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Bunnies+and+carrots.jpg.html

Last, a tag on the side of a closed pet store:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/AZM.jpg.html

The closings are due to the acquisition of blocks of properties to build
new combined retail housing commercial entities.  As Austin goes upmarket
in earnings and population quintiles much of the older commercial corridors
are undergoing a massive knockdown and rebuild.

All the best.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com