Subject: [Leica] Speed Panchro II lens review
From: rclompus at mac.com (Richard Clompus)
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2023 11:08:19 -0400

I?ve been a member of the LUG for more than a decade.  Most of the time, I
read everyone?s entries but don?t post very often.  I really do miss Ted
Grant?s words of wisdom that appeared alm almost weekly for a very long
time. I recently retired and have a bit more time to spend with the
grandkids and photography. As time has gone on, there is much less
discussion about equipment on the LUG.  I suspect most of us have what we
need in lenses and camera bodies.

I decided to write again (favorite past time from my professional career as
an eye doc) and published an article yesterday on PetaPixel about a cinema
replica lens for Leica and other cameras. It fits a trend of resurrecting
optics from decades ago to compliment the latest and greatest apo designs.
And its from China. A LHSA member wrote a review about their ELCAN replica
lens that was quite positive.  I thought I?d share my recviuew.  Its an
interesting lens.  Here?s the link:

https://petapixel.com/2023/03/21/light-lens-lab-50mm-f-2-review-the-classic-speed-panchro-ii-reborn/

Stay healthy & Be well,
Richard