Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2023 05:00:00 -0600

Greetings to all.  This week is a bit of a grab bag.  I will start with a
repeat of sorts, the billboard at the top says it all:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Art+is+a+portal.jpg.html

Not so much entertaining as a statement.  Many cities are having
affordability problems and these tear downs are part of the issue.  The
livable cottage is soon to become a McMansion upwards of 2M.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/demolition+notice.jpg.html

Seen on a walk down the street:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Heart+of+Texas.jpg.html

The front window of a coffee house:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/The+Origin+of+Miedicine+Murals.jpg.html

We went to Fredericksburg to see an exhibit of Mesquite woodworking.
Walking from the parking I admired this bit of art: they turned a dead tree
on the former courthouse into a bit of chainsaw art:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Two+eagles+from+a+dead+tree.jpg.html

This oddity was found in a grocery store parking lot:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/Wierd+car+decorations.jpg.html

All the best.

--
Don