Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2022: a walk in Copenhagen
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2022 08:25:01 +0100

I am spending a couple of days in Copenhagen, a business trip for once. I
arrived Wednesday afternoon, did the usual routine of checking into my
hotel, hanging the clothes etc., and then set out to enjoy the city. The
weather was very nice for February.

I first walked to Halmtorvet, an area next to the meat packing district,
today home to many bars and restaurants. Back in the 1970 and 80s the area
was known mainly for prostitution and drug dealing and using, but things are
different now. There is a park and a lot of new construction, and the locals
are just regular people, like this man with his two dogs:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-BK2QDb4/A

There was some interesting art, using discarded construction materials as
the canvas:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-HfRLfGP/A

And a small reminder of the bad old days, a memorial stone to the drug users
who did not make it:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7RcN55R/A

I then walked down Str?get, the main pedestrian street, where I ran into a
small group demonstrating in favour of the Canadian terrorists and some
vague, Trumpist notion of ?freedom?. I guess we have idiots here too, both
imported (I heard a lot of Canadian/US English as I walked through the
crowd) and domestic:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-vfP7Wpt/A

Then the magic hour arrived, dusk on the illuminated street. The staircase
just visible in the lower right corner is an expression of a higher
civilisation. It leads to a free public toilet, clean, warm, and impeccably
maintained:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-fXxRJC8/A

A couple by the Stork Fountain on Amagertorv, a square near the end of
Str?get:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-4N7ZfrV/A

Str?get ends at a large round square called Kongens Nytor, where I met up
with my friend Beata, and we had some drinks and a nice dinner at an Italian
restaurant. Late in the evening, I did not feel like walking to my hotel, so
I took the metro instead, which provided me with the last image of the day:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-LzwpMHV/A

One unusual (for me) thing about these photos: they were taken with my Fuji
X-E3, and since my laptop which still runs the last standalone version of LR
cannot digest the RAW files generated by this camera, I shot both RAW and
JPEG. These images are the JPEGs; when I get home tonight, I will reprocess
everything based on the RAW files, but I think these are good enough for a
PAD.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2022: a walk in Copenhagen)
Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 23/2/2022: a walk in Copenhagen)