Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2021: bright lights of different kinds
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2021 07:00:31 -0500

The second full day of my visit to New Jersey gave me some great light, in
more ways than one.

Boxing Day started with a beatiful sunrise over Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-3dpgfzg/A

In the afternoon, we visited some relatives of my wife in the Malba area of
northern Queens (every Puerto Rican has relatives in New York!). Many houses
in the neighbourhood were decorated for Christmas, some decidedly
over-the-top:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-V5Rgjr2/A

We drove to a spot from where there was a nice view of one of the
lesser-known among New York?s many bridges, the Whiteston Bridge which links
Queens and the Bronx across the East River:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-kVvf8d7/A

Afterwards, we drove back to New Jersey and spent the evening with our son,
daughter-in-law and the grand-pets. Around midnight, walking back to my
hotel, I enjoyed a great view of Midtown Manhattan:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-xKCDx4K/A

These were all made with my Fuji X-E3. But I have also been shooting film
with the gorgeous Olympus OM4T that I bought from Bill Barber in Texas who
shipped it to my son last week, along with two Zuiko lenses, a 50mm and an
85mm. It is a truly beautiful piece of equipment, for me the pinnacle of
late 1980s film SLRs. I am still on the toe of the learning curve of course,
but I am really enjoying it.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 26/12/2021: bright lights of different kinds)