Subject: [Leica] IMG: Eindhoven
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 09:41:29 +0200

Last week I was in the Netherland from Tuesday morning to Friday evening, my
first business trip abroad since early March 2020. Most of the trip was in
Eindhoven, where our office was sponsoring the DesignEuropa Award in
conjunction with the Dutch Design Week being held there, and we held our
semi-annual meetings with our stakeholders there as well. So lots of work,
but also some time to explore Eindhoven and to visit my friends Anna and
Geert, who worked for the company on the outskirts of Eindhoven that I
managed from 2005 to 2007.

Eindhoven is the fifth-largest city in the Netherlands but is much less
known than Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht (the top 4). Partly
this is because it is well away from the metropolis formed by the four big
cities on the eastern shore of the country, and partly because for a tourist
there isn?t much to see in Eindhoven. It is a city that grew because of the
Philips company, founded there in 1891, and today it is a very dynamic
high-tech region, with an ecosystem of smaller companies that grew around
the two big ones (besides Philips, ASML is also based in Eindhoven). It is a
liveable and functional city, but it does not have the charm of Amsterdam
with its canals or the amazing architecture of Rotterdam. So chances are
that most of you have never visited Eindhoven. Here is a small gallery of
photos taken during a couple of days, including small urban details, and
even some people:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/eindhoven_oct2021/
<http://www.frozenlight.eu/eindhoven_oct2021/>

All images made with the Panasonic GX80 and mostly the 12-60mm Panasonic
lens. A few of the nighttime images with the 1.7/20mm Panasonic.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws