Subject: [Leica] IMG: Leg Vise from the Past
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2021 14:54:56 -0500

When I? was about 10 years old, in the 1930s, this old leg vise was
mounted beneath a large Sweet Gum tree as a part of an outdoor
blacksmith shop? where my Dad did repairs on his meager farm equipment
used on our small farm in Mississippi. Since my Dad's death, the vise
has followed me as a part of the tools that I find handy. I gave it a
coat of paint some years ago, and I keep grease on the screw. It still
provides faithful service just like it did when new, 100 years ago.
Mounted to a bench in my garage, I still see it every day, and find it
useful about once a month.? I checked, and similar ones are still
offered for sale today.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20211011-DSCF3317-Enhanced.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols