Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2021 20:49:19 +0200

I have been a bit silent in the past few days, mainly because last week I
was on my first business trips since March 2020, albeit just to Madrid,
where our office was sponsoring a major academic conference. Now I am back
home, processing photos and cycling. This morning, I did my usual
Aig?es-Busot route. In Aig?es, the usually sleepy square in front of the
church was very lively?a local arts and crafts market was taking place. As
usual, I bought a Coke at the small supermarket and took a break. This lady
asked me where I had cycled from, and we had a nice conversation. She is
originally from the Netherlands but has lived here for many years, now
retired, and she spends her time on hiking in the mountains and making
beautiful things out of stuff we throw away?shopping bags, water bottles,
aluminium cans and the like. She told me that she had a good pension and did
not need the money, but she wanted to show her neighbours in the village
that one person?s trash is another person?s treasure. She happily posed for
me:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n3jsmQN/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-n3jsmQN/A>

And this is an example of her work, a basked made of plastic shopping bags:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qx3Dp84/A
<https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-qx3Dp84/A>

Cycling has many rewards, including meeting people like her.

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
photo at frozenlight.eu

http://www.fotocycle.dk/paws
http://www.greatpix.eu
http://www.frozenlight.eu

YNWA

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues)
Reply from ric at CartersXRd.net (Ric Carter) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues)
Reply from tmanley at gmail.com (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 11/9/2021: a delightful lady in Aigues)