Subject: [Leica] IMG: Awaiting Ida
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2021 14:48:17 -0500

After having spent yesterday watching television coverage of Ida's
arrival at New Orleans and coverage of their preparations, provided by
Station WWL in New Orleans, I awoke today to find the cloud cover has
reached Tennessee and the path is expected to pass over us tomorrow.? I
understand that power could be out for some time in NOLA because of
major damage to their power system. This was on my mind as I looked up
at the pole that sits in my side yard, as a part of the main
distribution of power and communications to? the west side of
Tullahoma.? The poles in NOLA seemed to be of a similar configuration,
and suffered damage, but their biggest problem was the loss of? eight
major transmission lines.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210830-P8300681-Enhanced.JPG.html

On the cloudy day, the most impressive flora of the day was this
Honeysuckle vine climbing on the rhododendron bushes.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20210830-P8300683-Enhanced.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA