Subject: [Leica] IMG: Wroclaw last week
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan)
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 10:28:11 +0200 (CEST)

I spent most of last week in Wroc?aw, the city in Poland where I was born
and where my sister still lives with her husband. In contrast with my
previous visit there, in October 2020, the weather was beautiful this time,
and my daughter and I spent a lot of time walking around the city. For her
it was especially interesting since she had not been there since she was a
little girl, 6 or 7 years old (she is now 27). I took lots of pictures, and
there will be in particular a separate collection of Polish modern art that
we saw, as well as my usual people-and-detail oriented weekly blog, when the
time comes. But here is a gallery of the city itself, as we saw it during
those four days:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/wroclaw_aug2021/index.html

Wroc?aw is a much changed city, compared to when I lived there as a small
boy in the 1960s or even compared to my visits there in the 1990s and 2000s.
While hints of Communist-era drabness are still there, it is now very much a
modern, vibrant and international city of 700,000 people on Poland's western
edge.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Alicante, Spain