Subject: [Leica] Stuck filter on lens????
From: bmwred735i at gmail.com (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 19 May 2021 10:55:12 -0700

OK, I did something stupid and needed to fix it fast.... Trip coming up.

I put a lens hood on, then added a step up ring (brass, Heliopan so it
would not get stuck!) , inside the hood.? Tightened it up just a
bit.....?? It fit fine, with maybe 5mm to spare ( distance from hood to
step ring).

Fiddled around with it, and was very satisfied that I now had my 2
lenses in the same filter ring size.

Started to take off the ring, and the problems started..... the thing
was stuck on.? Tried the 2 finger technique, tried and tried.? Nothing
moved.

Because the ring to be removed was inside and below the lip of the hood,
the normal techniques did not work.... they would not fit.? ( the hood
would not fit over the ring, so it had to stay on...)

Finally ordered a gadget that looks like a rubber cork, but that would
not have gotten here for a week or so.? Too late.

In desperation, iI went looking for something that might work..... and
there it was.... a rubber, cheapo, never used, generic,? rubber lens
hood. It was 2 sizes smaller than the ring, but the outside diameter of
the rubber was good....

Put the rubber hood on so that it fit indies the hood, and covered the
ring to be removed.... and turned it .... and the ring was freed.....

Something to add to our collective stuck filter knowledge.....!

( taking the rubber hood as well as the step ring on a trip.. just in
case I get into the same pickle.)

--
Frank Filippone
BMWRed735i at gmail.com