Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 24/1/2021: Puerto Rican food
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 10:27:11 +0100

I usually do the cooking duties in our house. But once in a while, my wife
gets the craving for food from her native Puerto Rico and takes over the
kitchen for the day?those dishes are very labour-intensive. So it was this
weekend. She decided to make pasteles, a dish made of ground root vegetables
with a core of meat and chickpeas, wrapped in banana leaf. Becuase this kind
of food is also eaten in South American countries such as Colombia and
Venezuela, and we have sizeable populations from those countries around
here, my wife can find the ingredients in local supermarkets. Four images.

Here she is, assembling the pasteles:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-rpH3W88/A

Banana leaf detail:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7mMt9mp/A

Once everything is assembled, the pasteles are boiled:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-8g5z4Lv/A

And then the deliciousness is unwrapped and devoured:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-7RGhJVR/A

Bon app?tit!

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 24/1/2021: Puerto Rican food)
Reply from lluisripollphotography at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 24/1/2021: Puerto Rican food)