Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when I had hair"
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 21:45:42 +0100

One of the many gifts Santa brought my wife this Christmas was an Epson
scanner designed to scan standard drugstore family photos in bulk. You pop
in a stack of photos (up to 30, I think), press a button, and let it rip. My
wife has long wanted to digitize the many old photos we have, and she loves
the scanner?for once, a piece of equipment that actually works as
advertised. Among the old photos she came across this gem from 1978, before
we had even met. It was my senior year of high school in Denmark, and I was
taking Russian as my third foreign language (English and German were
mandatory, but you could choose Russian, French or Spanish as the third
one). It was customary to make a weeklong trip to the country whose language
you were studying, so we went for a week to Moscow and Leningrad (today St.
Petersburg). I have no idea who took this photo on the plane from Copenhagen
to Moscow, and it is technically horrible, but it is still a nice reminder
of the time when I was young and the world looked like an open road:

https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Picture-A-Day/i-mTzn2Pr/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when I had hair")
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when I had hair")
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Nathan's PAD 14/1/2021: a blast from a very distant past, or "when I had hair")