Subject: [Leica] IMG: NYE confinement food
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2021 08:18:01 +0100

We spent New Year?s Eve at home, just me and my wife (our daughter did get
together with some friends). But we still had a festive meal, and drank
champagne and ate grapes at midnight.

My wife had bought some scallops and made coquilles St-Jacques:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-6rqgfXm/A

I made a popular Danish appetiser, a shrimp cocktail:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-fhqz6sd/A

The main dish was a stuffed chicken:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-3nnrpct/A

For dessert we had a nice selection of cheeses, accompanied by English
crackers to mark the final stage of Brexit, by coincidence made in the town
to which we are deeply attached, Bath:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-TsQpd9r/A

And finally, the ?uvas de suerte??in Spain, the tradition is to eat a grape
at every stroke of midnight, so 12 grapes altogether. As the name implies,
this is supposed to bring you luch in the new year, unless of course you
choke trying to swallow the grapes in rhythm to the chimes:
https://www.greatpix.eu/All/Cooking-in-confinement/i-vfp2Rpq/A

Cheers,
Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"