Subject: [Leica] Friday Follies
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2020 02:09:30 -0600

Greetings to all.  We are starting with a continuation of the large mural
we started with last week:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/make+your+mark.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/atticus+rex.jpg.html

And a long shot of most of the mural:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/art+from+the+streets.jpg.html

I found this mural strange, it is not visible from the street and would
only be seen when going into a side underground entrance to a storage
basement:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/side+entrance+to+storage+wall+art.jpg.html

This took some work, I am standing on an industrial trash dumpster with my
back against the wall of a building as far away from the mural as I could
get using a 180 degree fisheye.  When driving on the street it is
momentarily visible as you pass:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/cosmic+singing+cowboy.jpg.html

This last mural I have been trying to get for a while.  It is on a taco
truck but is almost always obscured by the owners rather large US size
pickup truck.  I finally walked down very early on a Sunday morning and
found the owner absent:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/don_dory_gmail_com/Austin+Signs/uniendo+culturas.jpg.html

For those in the Christian tradition please have a wonderful day with
friends and family even if remotely.  Otherwise, enjoy the lengthening days
and join in the joy of the beginning of the end of the covid closures.

All the best.

--
Don
don.dory at gmail.com