Subject: [Leica] IMG: 6 inch reflector
From: imra at iol.ie (Douglas Barry)
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2020 17:57:48 +0000

This is the telescope I got recently as a birthday present from my sons.
It works extremely well, even in light polluted suburbia. I haven't
taken it out to darker skies yet due to the pandemic.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/DouglasBray/Sky+Quest+Dobsonian.jpg.html

With the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn coming up on Monday, I hope
it won't be too cloudy so that I can use this. It's pretty good for a 6
inch, but with my back bothering me at the moment, I could with
lightening the Dobsonian base a bit without sacrificing stability.
Maturer years don't like heavy weights.

By the way, if you would like some marvellously therapeutic viewing have
a look at the great John Dobson making a reflector telescope by hand,
including hand grinding and polishing the 16 inch mirror.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snz7JJlSZvw

Douglas

Replies: Reply from hlritter at bex.net (Howard Ritter) ([Leica] IMG: 6 inch reflector)
Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: 6 inch reflector)