Subject: [Leica] Of dogs and bokeh balls
From: boulanger.croissant at gmail.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 00:28:10 -0800

The other night I noticed that if I knelt on my living room floor, I
could line up my neighbor's Christmas lights just above the sofa where
my dog Tilly often lounges.? A long shooting session followed.? There
were many variables.? The size of the out-of-focus lights in the image
varied drastically depending on both aperture and how closely the lens
was focused. I ended up with this:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at
N04/50725536431/in/dateposted-public/>

This picture is actually a composite of two images, one where my dog is
expressing herself nicely, and another where the Christmas lights appear
separated and recognizable.

Here's the original. The bokeh balls are bigger, and intersect like
weird Venn diagrams.
<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/pklein/album170/L1000996.jpg.html>

I like it, too, but I don't think most non-photographers would recognize
the bokeh as Christmas lights. Which is why I chose to make the
composite for my final image.? What do you think?

Leica M10-P and Voigtlander 50/1.2 Nokton. Press F11 and click on image
to view the flickr image large. Enjoy!

--Peter

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] [OM] Of dogs and bokeh balls)
Reply from photo.philippe.amard at gmail.com (Philippe) ([Leica] Of dogs and bokeh balls)