Subject: [Leica] IMG: Chocolate Chess Pie
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 16:11:03 -0600

Living alone, I seldom get to contribute to the food porn from the likes
of Nathan, et. al.? Today, I have one to add to the list.

My youngest son, about Nathan's age, lives some distance away, so we
keep in touch electronically.? He enjoys cooking, when he has time, and
has many of my late wife's recipes.? Today, he sent me a photo of a
Chess Pie he had just baked.

Everyone's first question is "What is a Chess Pie?"? Well, its origin,
so far as I know, comes from early settlers in this country and probably
originally comes from England.? It can be made from ingredients normally
found in the kitchen in periods where fruits and nuts are not readily
available.? When asked what kind of pie she had made, the cook usually
said, "Oh it's jes' pie."? Supposedly, from this the name "Chess Pie"
was coined.? Variations include Chocolate Chess Pie and Pecan Chess Pie.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20201126-62810222345__BA1CADF1-302C-4D01-8F8E-F483AEAB0682.JPG.html

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA