Subject: [Leica] IMG: Copenhagen walk
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 09:33:59 +0100

I spent the first week of November in Denmark, my first and only visit there
this year, highly unusual for me to go just once, but then this is an
unusual year. I started the visit in Copenhagen, and spent the better part
of two days wearing out my shoe soles around the city. The weather was not
bad for November?a bit of rain the first day, mostly sunshine the second day.

Copenhagen is not my home town, but it is the place where my parents lived
the last years of their lives, and I have my close childhood friend Beata
there, so I have many reasons to visit. I know the city well, but I enjoy
discovering parts of it where I have not been for many years. This was the
case on this trip, when I walked around Christianshavn, a very pictoresque
part of the city, and visited the New Carlsberg Glyptotek, an art museum
next to Tivoli, founded by the son of Carlsberg?s founder in the 19th
century, a truly magnificent place that owes its existence to the Danes?
fondness of beer. I think my last visit there was with my father, and as he
died in 2004, it was some time ago.

A word about Copenhagen?s geography: the city is spread over two islands,
Sj?lland (Zealand) where the main part lies, and Amager, a small island
which houses Copenhagen Airport and, close to the centre, a neighbourhood
called Christianshavn, a lovely place where I had not been for several years.

So come along on a 70-image walk through the capital of my country:

http://www.frozenlight.eu/cph_nov2020/

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman

Alicante, Spain
<http://nathansmusings.wordpress.com/>

YNWA

"I?m not arguing, I?m just explaining why I?m right"

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] IMG: Copenhagen walk)
Reply from cartersxrd at gmail.com (RicCarter) ([Leica] IMG: Copenhagen walk)